1/6/08

Like Bones Underneath

The peppiest and happiest track closes the record on a high (and somewhat confusing) note.

The keyboard makes this one. My Mom's Roland Juno really dresses it up right. I had been listening to a fair amount of the then current Stereolab record, "cobra and phases group play voltage in the milky night", and I wanted blips and beeps. In keeping with my (until now) unspoken tradition, I did it in one take. Why do I do that? Two reasons - I like the spontaneity of 1st takes and I don't have the patience to do multiple takes.

The song is a ride...a driving song. I imagined a good day and what might happen in a surreal display of happiness. Headlights would blink at me to say hello and my teeth would crack from the excitement.

No umbrella over my hat. No, there's nothing like that.

1 comment:

gtk said...

a nice, unexpected side effect of this blog: every day I get another one of your early songs stuck in my head. happily, "Like Bones Underneath" replaces robert palmer's "addicted to love", which for some reason was stuck in my head all day yesterday. probably because I didn't read the blog yesterday...